BloodyRoses Designs

forum for my 3d site

How to use My Backgrounds Tut--with screen shots!

Admin
    Admin

How to use My Backgrounds Tut--with screen shots!

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:57 pm

A SickenlySweete Background Tut

A SickenlySweete Background Tut
    (Reconmended usage of BR-Backgrounds)
    Note* please do not paste rendered character pngs onto the background
    this is not a 3d rendered image!

Steps
    1. there are two ways to do this
    A)Create your character first and pose it (if this is your way please do so now )
    or the way i do it most which is
    B) create the scene that you are going to use first
    2. you need to add the background image either as a background in your program or
    load a background plane/prop and add the image to it
    3. ok now you have our background image- next add in a ground plane/prop and match the texture to the background image (texture fills work good for this)
    (sometimes i even use the background image for this!)
    *note: there are many scene props that can be used for the above as well, daz enviroments, infinity cove, microcosm, to name a few

here i used infinity coves from rdna as the background plane and ground plane...

here i have added the background image and texture fill as in the above steps..

i have adjusted my ground plane as it had morphs built in..
    4.nows the time to do cameras--postion them so the ground plane is just below the render level.

here i have now adjusted the size and postion for the camera so i have what i want when i render..

Save it!!

5.now your ready to add in the realizm for your render- place in your props ie. rocks, grass, furniture, ect....... remember to keep a cleared space where your character will be or is.
    (unless its a prop like a chair that would then have to be placed in the right place for the characters pose if you did step1A)
    *note: remember perspective---bigger to the front(closer)--smaller the farther back(away)

6. next pick your lighting--play with different ones--and turn on the shadows setting!

7. now your ready for your character if you decided on step1 B and any props that need to interact with the character ie, a chair.

*note: make sure that your character and all props used actually touch or go down into the ground plane!
    8. now to add more props-- place a few items infront of the characters feet ie. grass,rocks, ect....
    now its time to save!!
    then hit render

hope you liked what you just created.....and you can save the scene with out a character for future use!!
    SS

Last edited by Admin on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Admin
    Admin

Re: How to use My Backgrounds Tut--with screen shots!

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:58 pm

Q&A
    ++++++++++++++++++
    from pdf chatbox tut discussion

Jamie: now what do I do when the background I wish to use already has a ground?

SSweete: you would then have to use a separate ground plane and move it up or match the ground texture to the ground in the background image

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Trixie asked:
    So you save it first, the background when it is finished? What if you just want to add your figure image to it, then render it?

Will just what you added render, and then you have to put it on the background again in PSP? Or does the whole background and all render as one?

I put in a background, added my image, and only my image rendered. Not the background...I haven't tried it your way yet.

SS Answer
    a background will only render in ds if you
    1...don't save as png... or
    2.. if its on a background plain or prop..
    number two will render and you can save as png

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:59 pm

the reason for using a separate background to hold the background image is so that what you add can interact with the background and ground ...
    ie catch shadows... feet touching a surface not floating!!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:25 pm