BloodyRoses Designs

forum for my 3d site

ds folder structure

Admin
    Admin

ds folder structure

Post  Admin on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:49 pm

Folder structure:

DS native content includes data folder, which contains non user-facing files. No longer DS4 subfolder.

User-facing files go in Content, then: People→ Genesis→ clothing, material, poses, etc.

in Data folder, look for creator of content, then down through directory structure for additional files, e.g. DAZ 3D in data for DAZ content.

PAs can make own data subfolder with vendor name for original products.

But a morph for an existing product should go with other morphs for that product in other vendor's data subfolder as appropriate

data>daz 3d> genesis>base>morphs Anything in here will load with figure

Within morphs subfolder, break out by vendor again daz3d>base for their own base figure, then GenePool for expansions from DAZ

data>daz 3d> genesis>base>morphs>artist>productname>morphs

Installer will include from data down, and that is easiest to pass to QA.

One method is to zip whole data folder and then edit zip to remove unrelated content.

Question: separate runtime sets?

Genesis will check data>daz 3d>genesis>base>morphs, if morph is not there, it will not load. All Genesis morphs need to be in same content>data folder.

Recommended locations for user materials files:

Clothing material files content>People>Genesis>Clothing>productname>Materials

Figure materials at

content>People>Genesis>materials
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    so im trying to come up with an empty folder structure for development.....

Admin
    Admin

Re: ds folder structure

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:59 pm

Is the morph a custom morph or one made by setting the aparameter sliders? For the latter you just need the maps (\Runtime\Textures\somefolder) and a Character preset to apply them and the morph (File>Saves as>Character preset, placing the file in \People\Genesis\Character, I think, though the name isn't crucial). Zip those up, being careful not to include any other files, and add your Readme.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:28 pm

The Runtime\textures folder is just a concenient place to put textures, without having another reserved folder name for purely DS sets.

Do you have the CCTs, or DS4 Pro? You need those to save a DSF morph file, which will be added to the available morphs like any other. File>Save as>DSF Morph, pick the morph, and enter author and product names for it: the files will then be in \data\DAZ 3d\Genesis\Morphs\Author\Product, you should place those and a materials preset plus your textures and read me in the zip and the user will need to place them in the same content directory as Genesis.

Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin on Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Do you mean .dsf files for DS4? I'm looking in the folder structure on a V4-Genesis character by Godin. All of her Genesis products load quite nicely in DS4, so I would assume she knows what she's doing.

Here's the breakdown on how she has her Genesis folders setup.

-Product Folder

-Documentation (for license, read me, etc.)

- My Library
    -data
    -DAZ 3D
    -Genesis
    -Base
    -Morphs
    -YourMerchantFolder (if you plan on saving your product folders under your merchant name)
    -YourProductFolder (This would be the .dsf file that contains the morphs for your character)

-People
    -Genesis
    -Characters
    -YourCharacterFolder
    -YourCharacterMorphs (This folder would hold your INJ and REM .dsf files)
    -YourCharacterMATS (This folder would hold your MAT pose .dsf files)

-Runtime
    -Textures
    -YourTextureFolder (Genesis and V4 can share the same textures, as you probably already know)

It is assumed that most DS4 users know where their "My Library" folder is to install the files correctly. The long and short of it is that that actual morph .dsf file resides in My Library/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/YourMerchantFolder/YourProductFolder — the file not seen by the user — and the Inject, Remove, and Mat Files reside in My Library/People/Genesis/Character/YourCharacterFolder — the files the user does see in their Content Library.

I hope this helps.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:52 am